Senior Falls Prevention Coalition of Clay and Platte Counties
Thank you for visiting our website. Our mission is to reduce falls in our senior population through awareness, education, and access to effective prevention programs and resources.
Our coalition generally meets in person on 1st Tuesdays from 11:30 am to 1:00 pm at:
We invite you to join us - send us an email if you would like to attend.
In 2008, The Missouri Chapter of AARP , supported by the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services (DHSS), invited key state-level stakeholders and organizations to a multi-month strategic planning meeting. Participants included representatives from health care, area agencies on aging and other senior-serving organizations, academic institutions, local public health agencies, disease-specific associations and state agencies.
From the initial state-wide strategic planning, the Senior Falls Prevention Coalition of Clay and Platte Counties was established to:
- Reduce the risk for falls by creating a caring network that combines community assets to provide programming and services that work to meet the needs of seniors.
- Decrease falls and increase independence by sharing resources and working collaboratively to provide evidence-based interventions.
- Reduce falls in our senior population through awareness, education and access to effective prevention programs and resources.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in 2018:
- Missouri Percentage of Older Adults who fell: 26.1-28.7% (equal to the National rate)
- Missouri Fall Deaths Per 100,000: 69-87 (equal to the National rate)
Missouri Costs of Older Adults Falls (2014)
|Private/Out of Pocket: